Before I get to my Bookanista shout out and contest, check out what the other Bookanista’s have on tap:
- Elana Johnson gushes over BLOOD MAGIC
- Myra McEntire welcomes Blood Magic author Tessa Gratton into the Fort
- Shannon Messenger applauds A NEED SO BEAUTIFUL with a giveaway
- Carolina Valdez Miller sees beauty in BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY
- Bethany Wiggins finds BAD TASTE IN BOYS delicious
- Lisa and Laura Roecker adore HOURGLASS
- Megan Miranda has a passion for POSSESSION
- Shana Silver celebrates A NEED SO BEAUTIFUL
- Carrie Harris thinks WRAPPED simply rocks
- Sarah Frances Hardy finds the awesome in OKAY FOR NOW
- Rosemary Clement-Moore is giddy about HOURGLASS
- Stasia Ward Kehoe delights in DELIRIUM
Now, on to my Bookanista Shout out for one of the most amazing peeps I know, Gretchen McNeil and POSSESS (be sure to stick around for a fabu giveaway at the end).
I first met Gretchen online. When I discovered that we both lived in Southern California, we decided that dinner was a must. And you know what…we’ve been great friends ever since.
I was thrilled when I got a chance to read POSSESS. Even more thrilled when I finished it. Trust me – this is golden, fresh, and new. But more on that in a minute – For now, just check out the trailer:
Basic Blurb: (from Goodreads)
Fifteen-year-old Bridget Liu just wants to be left alone: by her mom, by the cute son of a local police sergeant, and by the eerie voices she can suddenly and inexplicably hear. Unfortunately for Bridget, it turns out the voices are demons – and Bridget has the rare ability to banish them back to whatever hell they came from.
Terrified to tell people about her new power, Bridget confides in a local priest who enlists her help in increasingly dangerous cases of demonic possession. But just as she is starting to come to terms with her new power, Bridget receives a startling message from one of the demons. Now Bridget must unlock the secret to the demons’ plan before someone close to her winds up dead – or worse, the human vessel of a demon king
Why I liked it: There are just so many things I loved about this book – the voice, the storyline, the creeptastic scenes. All of it. Gretchen describes herself as a dark and snark writer, and that is so true. The sarcastic tone of the MC is something I think readers will enjoy. And the story – this is something NEW in the marketplace right now. It’s R.L. Stine meets Stephen King…FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!!
But don’t take my word for it…decide for yourself. Enter my comment contest and maybe you’ll even win a copy of the arc! That’s right, I’m giving away my arc to one of you (and don’t worry, I’ll be giving away a HB of the book once it actually comes out too)
Entering is easy – Simply leave a comment, follow my blog in someway and you’re entered. Want additional entries (up to 3)? Just do the following:
- Tweet about the contest
- Blog about the contest
- Facebook about the contest
WOO HOO!!! I just love giving stuff away! Contest closes Saturday 6/4 and I’ll post the winner next week.