Happy Wednesday everyone. Only three more work days until my vacation….YEAH!!!
I have little to report this WIP Wednesday. Despite good intentions, little new writing was completed. Oh sure – I wrote, reworte, and revised the 15 pages I have to for my weekly critique group (I actually only finished 11)..but I missed my goals this week by a mile.
A lot of it had to do with the time I spent chasing my own demons…you know, the ones that surface from time to time and zap creative energies. My demons were the demons of self doubt….and what a BAD effect that has on creativity!!! (I had my partial rejected a couple of times this last week. Albeit, they were the nicest darn rejections I have ever read – using words like “engaging” and “heartfelt” to describ my writing style.) I just got in my own way all week long – paying way too much attention to the critic in my own head.
But, this is a new week …with a new focus and a fresh start (thanks my writing buddies who talked me off the ledge).
My goal this week:
- Get out of the corner I painted myself into in my current project
- Finish the darn synopsis for my other novel (I really hate writing those things…even with the great advice from the QT blog).
Of course, another 3,ooo words or more would make me very happy too.
How about you…how was your writing week? Did you achieve your goals?
Later this week:
- 40 Days of gratitude continue
- Guest blogger Christina Katz on Friday – stop by for a chance to comment and win a book
- A special surprise for the weekend…Hmm…
Have a great week.