Okay, so here are the results of the contest yesterday. To start, I thought I should share the books these quotes were actually from:
1) “Coraline discovered the door alittle while after they moved into the house” – from Coraline by Neil Gaiman
2) “All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.” – from Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
3) “Janie Hannagan’s math book slips from her fingers.” – from Wake by Lisa McMann
4) “When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold.” – from Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
5) “When, suddenly, on an ordinary Wednesday, it seemed to Barney that the world tilted and ran downhill in all directions, he knew he was about to be haunted again.” from The Haunting by Margaret Mahy
6) “Most people outgrow their nightmares – but not me.” from The Spaces In Between by Christine Fonseca
Okay so the last one was a bit indulgent, but I had to throw one of mine in. (Just to see what you guys thought)
Based on your comments, Numbers 1 and 6 would get the most reads.
(HAHAHA…I love that you guys liked number 6!!!)
Numbers 4 and 5 were also close. Interestingly, Eclipse and WAKE – two books that I really enjoyed reading – did not pull well in our little survey.
And who was our winner…..
Congrats to everyone and keep reading (and writing)
Have a great weekend