Welcome to WiP Wednesday.
What an insane week this has been…between real life craziness, too much fun with the kids, and a bad bout of the stomach flu…I didn’t accomplish as much as I wanted to this week (even with Elana’s #rsthrowdown going on).
That being said, I do have some good hallmarks to report for the week:
- I started rewriting those 100+ pages I deleted. Fun, but a little crazy. I found two major plot problems. One of which I was able to fix – one that will require me to weave in some things much earlier in the novel (something I’ll save for the next round of revisions).
- Actually figured out the ending…something that was eluding me when I hit delete.
- Wrote a couple of new twists that I didn’t originally plan – but like very much.
- “Mentally” wrote the climax. I probably won’t get to writing it until the weekend…but man I can’t wait – it’s dark and scary, with some good betrayal and death…Fun, Fun!!!
- Revised a little more of Spaces. I’ll need to put a lot more attention on that one. I am basicaaly rewriting the entire beginning and revising the end. I just write so much differently now that I need to fix some things in that book.
All in all, I wrote about 4000 words (3000 shy of my goal) an edited another 15 pages. I’d like to get caught up by next week….
Hey, a girl can dream!
How about you? Was it a good writing week?