Remember when you were a kid and had summer’s off? Remember the excitement of the last day. Well, when I became a mom I decided to forgo the big career plans and work in schools…AND I AM SO GLAD I DID!!! I mean, seriously, 8 weeks off. WOO HOO!!!
And it just so happens that today was the last day of school for the kids. Oh sure, I actually have to work Monday and Tuesday. But, when I can go to work in shorts and a t-shirt, and I’m just packing…well, it doesn’t really feel like working, does it?
So, in honor of the last day of school, I thought I would make a list of the things I want to accomplish this summer:
- Read at least 10 books
- Finish the current WiP, revisions on CHAOS WITHIN and AGENT OF CHAOS
- Finish the NF book proposal
- At least a week’s worth of surf trips to the beach – probably more
- Deep clean the house (not fun, but very necessary) – including the windows
- Lots of family time, hanging by the pool and making smores by the fire pit at night
- Several free movies at the local theatre! (Always fun) And a few “Movies in the Park” nights (Also fun)
- Reinstate my 10 mile run/walk per day (I miss those)
I think that is more than enough to keep me busy, rejuvenate, and get those creative juices going.
What about you guys? What are you planning? Are you taking any time off this summer?