Happy Friday everyone…my first official Friday of summer. For today’s post I am following the lead of my my favorite Friday blog, Lisa And Laura Write. I love their blog everyday. But Fridays are exceptionally fun – it’s the day they recap things they’ve learned over the week with a delightful humor and sense of irony.
So, without further adieu here is my Fun Friday tribute, and a brief list of the things I’ve learned over the past week or so:
- I have a ridiculously hard time using contractions when I write – must be all those APA style papers in grad school.
- If you want to drive traffic to your blog, use the word “wave” in your tags…Sheesh…who knew
- People google Melissa Marr and her books a lot (and many of them find their way to my blog that way
- My name and the names of my books are being googled – even when I’m not in query-mode
- All of a sudden the books page on my blog is getting an increase in hits. Why? Who knows…
- Researching serial killers in 1589 leads to bizarre and horrible nightmares
- I don’t really write a lot of humor – even though I use it a lot when I speak…Hmmm
- I miss my on-line friends when they “go dark” and stay off the net…like a lot.
- MSN just did a report on On-line friends. WOW – so did I, like a month ago.
- Whatever you tweet about will lead to the spambots finding and following you…so be careful. Very careful!
- The new search engine Spezify is so completely cool!!! Try it for yourself. FUN.
I guess that’s it for this week. How about you? What have you guys learned this week?