What have you learned this week? Not how many words you wrote, or how many pages you edited or anything like that. What have you learned this week? About yourself, your writing, or the universe?
I thought about these questions all day, while I was at the beach, while I did the dishes, and while I tucked my children into bed. I thought about my journey in writing and in life (yes, I know, I am prone to long moments of deep contemplation…it’s just what I do). The questions became a point of focus for me.
And you know what I came up with, besides the fact that I am no where nearly as humorous as Elana…I really haven’t been paying attention to the journey enough lately.
So, what have I learned? In no particular order, here you go:
- I am very blessed – I have a job, a home, a lovely family, my health and amazing friends. I really have nothing to complain about (despite my occasional ranting).
- Writing – not querying, not frantically checking email, not stressing over publication – but writing – is an amazing for of art.
- Life is full of miracles, if we just remember to pay attention.
- Friends who support you are the most amazing gift Ev.Er
- Meditation in all of its forms helps me REMEMBER to pay attention to the journey, and not stress over the destination.
- I am a very obsessive person. And balance is something I have to consciously work on.
- Most of the time playing with the kids is much better therapy than anything else.
- When in doubt, throw the kids – or yourself in the pool!!!
So there you have it, my own list of the things I have learned. Thanks Elana, for making me think!!!
And now its your turn…how would you answer?