Can I get a WOOT WOOT today? No seriously, there is a lot to celebrate on this beautiful Friday afternoon. But more on that in a minute.
First off, I thought I would present the top ten things I learned this week.
10) The best tag for a blog Ev.Er is wave…I had over 100 hits just on that tag since August 2…bizarre!
9) I really love writing flash fiction. It used to scare the heck out of me – but no more. Now I just love it! (I think it’s the precision required)
8) I love getting comments on my blog…it makes my email so much happier when it is full of things that are not spam!
7) The best Back-to-School commercial in the world is the Staples commercial most wonderful time of the year” playing in the background. HYSTERICAL.
6) The key to a happy marriage when one of you is a writer is electronics….Seriously! My hubby is so much more tolerant of my computer time now that he has downloaded nine million apps for his iTouch.
5) My teenage daughter and her friends are some of my best Beta readers…and let me tell you, she lets me have it when my stuff sucks!
4) Whenever I have a concept I think is innovative, I ALWAYS find another book on a similar topic – I guess there are really no new ideas, just new perspectives.
3) Change is a good thing. I left one of my schools this year – after 12 years. The change has been so invigorating to me!
2)It is easier to leave summer break when I already have my Thanksgiving vacation all planned out – and yes, it does involve packing suntan lotion, a bathing suit and a surf board. A – loooooooooo – ha!
1) Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING really can change in a day.
Which brings me to the big news. I accepted representation by the fantastic Krista Goering with the Krista Goering Literary Agency for my non-fiction project about parenting gifted children. I am so excited to see this project come to life – it is something I have been wanting to do for a very long time. And Krista has given me some great ideas to make the most of this. I will be developing a new blog and website related to the parenting gifted kids in the near future – so keep a look out for it.
In the meantime, what has this week held for you? Any good news out there you want to share? I’m ready to celebrate it all.