I take a week off and I come back to awards. Lots and lots of awards.
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award. – done
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog. – check
- Link to the person who nominated you for this award. – yep
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. – below
- Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. – also below
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. – of course
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated. – will do
Okay – the seven interesting things (this was way too hard for me…I am pretty mundane most of the time):
- Before I was a writer and a psychologist – in fact before I was a lot of things, I modeled. Mostly just hair shows, pageants and a little catalogue work, but it was still modeling. Like most, I had NYC dreams. They didn’t pan out, but I did meet a few models when I was a buyer for a major retail clothing store.
- I love to entertain. No seriously, like Martha Stewart, make-your-own-cranberry-butter-from-scratch-on-Thanksgiving kind of entertaining.
- I designed and made most of my own clothes in college. This was for two reasons – first I LOVED fashion, and second, I was broke!
- Despite my love of fabulous clothes, I am most comfortable in a pair of yoga pants, flip flops and a tank top.
- If I could, I would move to the Tuscany region of Italy and write – no question about it!
- The writing muse has been pestering me since long before high school. I just didn’t pay attention until a year and a half ago. Not sure why I finally decided to write – but I am SO GLAD I did!
- Two years ago I swore I would never have a social networking site, or maintain a blog. Guess I was WRONG…
Okay – and now the fun part…awarding this to seven other writers. In no particular order, here is my list:
- Lee A Verday Book/Writing Blog
- All Good Things (and other stuff)
- Aspiring Author
- The Innocent Flower
- Not Enough Words
- The Writings of M. Dunham
- and Carrie Harris (for many things, but definitely this post…seriously, check it out!)
Okay…that was one award. But I received a couple more – both from Elana(*hugs*). She awarded me the Silver Shoe of Sincerity Award for sincere comments on her blog. This one really didn’t have rules other than giving it to someone who leaves sincere comments…and you know what, ALL OF YOU DO!
But, I did find two people (besides Elana) to give it to:
Rebecca Knight – because of her constant encouragement that always seems to come when I need it the most; and Julie Butcher Fedynich – for her never ending supply of encouraging remarks both on my blog and on twitter.
Elana also gave me the Literary Blogger Award. This was tough – I wanted to give it to someone whose blog I read a lot, who I haven’t given an award to, and who hasn’t received it (to my knowledge).
I chose Lisa and Laura. Their blog always makes me smile…ALWAYS. They are amazingly genuine in everything they do – and a couple of fine writers to boot!
So, there you go. Maybe I need to unplug more often! (LOL)