- Blogging is fun, but really tiring. I work a lot of hours for my day job, so finding the time to blog is a bit of a challenge. Still, I like it. A LOT
- The best part about blogging is discovering other great writers out there. I have found SO MANY amazing blogs. I really can’t keep track of them all. And even though I don’t comment nearly as much as I probably should, I read at least five different blogs every single day.
- Finding things to blog about = hard. I mean, the minute I decided to blog more than once or twice a week I knew I was in trouble…what on earth was I going to write about. Hopefully most of my blogs have some value to someone.
- Starting a second blog was…INSANE! I love my other blog. I get to write about different kinds of things. But man oh man…It is so hard to manage both. I fear I neglect my other blog way too often.
- All in all….this has been an amazing ride. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT YEAR!!!!
- And now – the stats: Over 17,500 visitors this year, and more than 1400 comments. Not as good as some; better than others; fascinating to me. I mean, if you had asked me a couple of years ago if I would have a blog, make online friends, participate in social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook and I would have said NO WAY…clearly I was WRONG.
In honor of the blog’s upcoming anniversary, I am having a comment contest. The prize – a mystery pack of YA books and other cool writerly things you are gonna love!
Here are the deets on the contest:
- Leave me a comment and I will enter you into the contest
- Talk about it on your blog, and I’ll give another entry – just leave me the link.
- Subscribe, follow me on twitter, friend me on facebook and you get more entries (Just be sure to tell me in the comments)
- Follow my other blog, Growing Up Gifted, and you get another entry.
Easy, right. The contest runs from Today (12/14) through Sat (12/19 – the official anniversary day). I’ll announce the winner on Monday (12/21).
Thanks everyone, for making this an amazing year. I am 100000% certain I woud not have my agent, the book deal, the friends, or my sanity without each and every one of you!!!