Happy Monday. This post dedicated to tying up loose ends! First, the blogoversary contest. A BIG CONGRATS TO….
She gets a wonderful writer’s bag full of writerly books, great reads and a surprise or two from me.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by commented. And thanks to everyone who made this year so amazing.
Okay – next up….Have you seen this app on FB – My Year in Status. It’s pretty cool! You ought to test it out!!! Mine looks like this.
And finally – an update for the rest of this year and my blog. I am in full holiday swing! Work in done until January 4. My sinus cold is better (I’m not 100% – but I’m close). And I am only doing a few posts between now and the New Year.
The theme for these last few posts of 2009 is “My favorite things”. I always love the end of the year retrospectives – lists upon lists of best books, best TV shows, silliest moments, etc. In that tradition, I thought I’d share a few of my own lists for 2009.
Over the course of five days (three this week and two next week), I will post my five lists of fav things for 2009:
- Favorite blogs
- Favorite books
- Favorite reasons not to write
- Favorite pieces of writerly advice
- Favorite websites for writers
Sound good? Hope so, because I’m doing it anyway.
So without further adieu…here are
My Favorite Blogs
These are the author blogs that read every day – regardless of work, the weather, my health, traveling, etc. I simply HAVE to read these particular blogs:
- Elana Johnson, Author – – Need a little humor, some great advice and a dash of inspiration – go visit Elana’s blog. Every morning I get my “Elana-fill” and proceed through the day a bit happier. Thanks Elana!
- Lisa and Laura Write by the amazing Roecker sisters. Talk about a must read – these guys are hysterical, talented and epitome the concept of branding for fiction writers. Seriously – go check them out!
- Writing It Out by the newly agented Beth Revis–This blog always, and I mean ALWAYS, has great advice for experienced and inexperienced writers. Definitely a must read!
- The Long Road to Heaven by Kat Harris – – This blog always leaving me feeling inspired. No matter what Kat writes about, her warm style bleeds through every word. If you haven’t checked it out, you really should.
- Why A? The Blog of Lisa Amowitz, Young Adult Writer – – I recently discovered this blog and I am glad I did. She always has some great contest update, interview or other terrific thing happening on her blog!
Later this week I’ll share the industry blogs and websites I can’t live without.
What are your “can’t live without” blogs???