Yeah, way too hard!
Oh well…here are my top five in no particular order – and yes, I counted series as one book (I can…it’s my blog :D)
- Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – completely changed how I write books. Seriously
- Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, and a Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray – LOVED this series.
- Excile by Robert North Patterson – what a brilliant writer and researcher!
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson – I got a few of my contemporary YA ideas while reading this!
- Lost Symbol by Dan Brown – yes I am a Dan Brown fan. I just really like the way he intertwines his stories. I have learned a lot about the craft by reading his books.
Truthfully, there are at least twenty more books I could add to this list – but I wanted to keep these short, so there you go.
What great reads should I know about for 2010??? And if YOU have a book coming out in 2010…be sure to tell me. I ALWAYS try to read the new stuff!