Yeah yeah…I know…I wasn’t going to blog this week. But dude, seriously, I may go crazy with no interaction with you guys! So, I thought I’d share a bit of the warped mind that is me….
Yep, I have many many fangirl crushes. Time to own up to them. Let’ start with the famous writerly folk:
- Libba Bray – she is freakin’ brilliant. I know, I know…Going Bovine was one of those “Love it or hate it” books – but man, I LOVED IT!!! (My review is going up tomorrow on the Searching for a Good Read blog). It was EXACTLY what I needed to read recently…but more on that later.
- Michelle Zink – She just rocks! She is nice, approachable, not to mention an awesome writer. If you haven’t checked out Prophesy of the Sisters…you really need to.
- Christina Katz – she is the reason I decided to work on platform development – not just for my NF stuff, but for my fiction as well. And you wanna talk balanced…She is the epitome of balance.
- Carrie Ryan – anyone who can make me read and LOVE zombie books…seriously, THAT is talent!
- Suzanne Collins – need I say more…really?
Okay – so, next up….almost famous writers (book deals coming, books being pubbed, just all around AMAZING peeps)
- Lisa and Laura Roecker – seriously, could there be more entertaining peeps in the blogosphere. Not to mention they are great writers
- The YA Rebels – freakin awesome vloggers…best ever. All amazing writers in their own right…all increadibly REAL peeps
- Julie Butcher – cuz she just gets me and my wackiness
- Elana Johnson – the crit partner I couldn’t live without
- Michelle McLean – the person I whine too…probably too often
So there you have it…my fangirl crushes, and other peeps I just can’t get enough of.
But what about the other part of the title…the suckage anemia part.
Yep…I just found out I have uncontrolled anemia! Now, this is not THAT big a deal in the long run. Assuming the drs are correct, I’ll be good as new as soon as my iron levels get out of the sucky, shouldIConsiderabloodtransfusion range. But until then, I am tired. Like surreal, bizarre, canbarelyfunctionletalonethink range.
For those of you who know me at all…you know…THIS SO DOESN’T WORK FOR ME!
So, I’m learning to be less productive than I like. To be, dare I say, patient with myself.
Yea, not really working.
Oh well, the drs won’t release me to work until the anemia is much improved…so I guess I might as well enjoy the time.
I’ll be blogging eventually…writing once my brain can string the thoughts together correctly….and in the meantime, I am reading. A LOT.
So, let me know of any 5-star books you’ve read lately. Gosh knows, I’m going need the entertainment!
Talk to ya next time…