I love days like this! I get to announce winners and give away an award…pretty great way to start the week!
Okay, first up – the winner of the EPIC giveaway for a SIGNED copy of EMOTIONAL INTENSITY IN GIFTED STUDENTS and tons of book swag…
And we have a bonus…another one of the reviewers is giving away her ARC. So, I chose another random name for the ARC:
Now, an award –
On Friday I won the Honest Scrap Award from the amazing Michelle Sussman. I was s touched by this! This is award is described as follows:
This award is about bloggers who post from their heart, who often times put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul. This means so much to me as that is the root reason of why and what I write about. I believe writing is your heart without a mask. My writing, whether it be a blog post, a poem, a piece of prose or a WIP is the truest part of my soul. To me writing is about honesty and truth-seeking. There is the saying that the pen is more powerful than the sword. I believe that writing is a way to challenge people and to speak often times for those who cannot speak.
As with any award, there are rules:
Share the Award –
I had no problem thinking of a couple of people for this award –
- Ali Cross pours a piece of herself into every single post she writes. Her words never fail to touch me on a deep level, making her blog a must read for me every time she posts.
- Danyelle Leafy also pours herself into her blogs. Her advice is always great and straight from the heart.
- Windy Aphayrath – She is always so down to earth and honest about things. Love her!
Now, I’m supposed to share ten things about me you may not know (nor may you want to know them). This part is always really really hard for me. Oh well, here it goes –
- I am a total introvert in person. Really. If I have to spend too much time in crowds I get so…irratable.
- My introversion does not seem to apply online – I LOVE hanging with people on twitter, fb, blogs. Go figure.
- I suffer from a lack of confidence more often than I care to admit. Thank goodness I have amazing online writerly peeps to talk me through it.
- I am not into sweets (except dark chocolate) – but starches like bakery fresh bread, etc…those are my downfall.
- There is a part of me that is terrified to seriously start writing again – I know, I know…it makes no sense.
- I am addicted to certain TV shows. Thank goodness for DVR.
- I don’t cook nearly as often as I did before I started writing. Thankfully my husband enjoys cooking too, or we would all starve at this point.
- I love talking with kids about stuff. In fact, I’m speaking with a HUGE group of middle school aged kids today as part of some research for a current project – I am so excited, I could hardly sleep.
- I CAN.NOT.WAIT for the next HP movie. Like really…CAN’T WAIT
- I think I am pretty boring – which is why these sort of lists drive me INSANE!
Onto the randomness.
I am guest posting on the Query Tracker blog today, talking about something we all have to deal with – feeling like an imposter! Check it out.
So, that’s it for me…what random stuff do you have to share?