Hey all! So I had this fabulous post about writing all planned out in my head, ready to write and schedule for today. HA! Yea, that didn’t happen. In fact I didn’t write a single blog post for this week – the weekend was just too busy, despite the 2 extra days (or maybe because of the 2 extra days).
So I got up early to write the post, but…
I wrote this one instead – their were just too many random things floating around in my head this morning (And yea, I’ll try to keep it writing related).
So, onto the randomness:
- When I am given the gift of writing time, as I was for 3 days this weekend, I can get a lot done. That is, if I stay away from twitter and fb and have to email writerly buds with my wordcount. There is something to be said for my competitive streak.
- It is necessary to recharge my writerly battery every now and then – fortunately having dinner with Gretchen McNeil is the equivalent of at least 3 rechargings, so I should be good for a little while now. Add to that lunch with Shannon Messenger this week and man, I will be in great shape!
- Guess what? I FINISHED 101 Success Secrets – okay not send-to-my-editor ready, more like almost-there-but-need-to-shine-it-up-a-bit-more ready. I’ll be doing more editing all week (thank you crit buds who have already gotten several chapters back to me) and should have this ready for my incredible editor next week. WOOT!
- I told myself that as soon as finished 101 Success Secrets, I had to start my next fiction project. But, now that I’m ready to start, I find myself more than a little…freaked. Has that ever happened to you? Have you ever found yourself stressing more after the barriers are gone and you actually have to do the work you said you’d do??? Thankfully my CPs can be brutally honest and call me on my nonsense – so yea…I cracked open the document and started working.
- This is going to be an EPIC week of gratitude on my blog. Tomorrow I will continue the “Giving Thanks” series by thanking my editor. And Wednesday I am taking part in a 165 blog book giveaway…truly EPIC!!! Be sure to check both things out and join in the fun.
- Harry Potter 7 midnight show. Need I say more?
- Finally, this weekend marked another fabulous milestone (cue the theme from Forest Gump). 22 years ago, at the tender age of 22 (yea, you all know how old I am now), I married an amazing man. Since that time we’ve seen the birth of two incredible children, suffered the loss of a parent and the serious illness of another and dealt with our own near-death experiences. We’ve laugh, cried, and screamed. We’ve been rich and poor, happy and sad. In short – we’ve lived!
Happy Anniversary my love. I look forward to 22+ more amazing years.
What do YOU have to share this week?