This week I want to make sure to send a BIG SCREAM-OUT for one of our own, BETH REVIS and the launch of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. Many of our Bookanisas will be celebrating that release with their reviews and give-aways. Epic – that’s what it is.
We also have many of our new Bookanistas joining in the fun this round, including the fabulous CARRIE HARRIS. Be sure to check out all the fun.
Not sure who or what the Bookanistas are? Click here for the scoop, and be sure to tell us if you have an arc you’d like us to read.
This week’s Bookanista love features the following:
- Elana Johnson and LiLa Roecker celebrate the release of Across the Universe with giveaways
- Shannon Messenger raves about Like Mandarin with an ARC Giveaway
- Jamie Harrington thinks the outlook is good for The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball
- Shelli Johannes-Wells celebrates Harcourt winners
- Michelle Hodkin, Carolina Valdez Miller and Shana Silver travel Across the Universe
- Scott Tracey gets some Clarity
- Myra McEntire is In The Fort with Beth Revis
- Megan Miranda falls head over heels for Fall For Anything
- Bethany Wiggins is living for Three Quarters Dead
- Jen Hayley worships Unearthly
- Carrie Harris flips for Hold Me Closer, Necromancer
- Kirsten Hubbard goes crazy for Delirium
Now, on to my Bookanista Shout out – NIGHTSHADE by Andrea Cremer
Release Date: 10/19/2010
Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she’ll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters’ laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything–including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?
- I just like how haunting this cover is. Her eyes, some of the symbolism in the cover. PERFECT!
I’d always welcomed war, but in battle my passion rose unbidden.
You get such a great sense of the character from this simple sentence. I LOVE it!
Why I liked it:
I will be honest – I was a little worried when I read the blurb on this book. I mean really, ANOTHER werewolf romance…eek. I am kinda up to my eyebrows on these kind of stories – supernatural being meets human, falls in love, human turns into supernatural being. Ughh.
I was all wrong on this book. This was a fabulous book that more than meet my expectations for a great story. While it embraced some of the clichés current in these types of stories, it dd so in a fresh way while also introducing other elements.
The result = a fresh take on a story that meant all of my needs – a romance with a twist.
All in all, a great read!
Where to find it:
Be sure to check out the other Bookanista reviews. They are fabulous….
OH! And I am hanging out on Weronika Janczuk’s blog today, where I’m sharing the things I learned when I finally climbed out of the writerly pit of doom! Check it out (and please comment…pretty please)
What are you guys reading these days?