Hi guys. This has been a LOOONNNNGGGG week. I had a great (sorta) post written for today – but yeah, decided to move it to next week for a bun ch of reasons.
So, since I am fried but want to share a few things…I’m being random instead. Here are a few random things I want you to know about as we go into the weekend.
- Here are the three most inspirational posts that I read this week – all of them spoke to me in a very special way: 1) Elana Johnson’s post about feeling left out; 2) An outline of Sara Zarr’s keynote at SCBWI; and 3) this post about Writer’s Insecurities
- I started a newsletter. The first one goes out in a couple of weeks. What is going to be in it? Info about upcoming books, contests, and yes…exclusive content. Mwahahaha ! Gotta sign up to see what I come up with. 😀
- I did my first global webinar yesterday. The topic – Being an Emotional Coach to Your Gifted Children. It was a BLAST (THANK YOU giftedkidsie.com) and yes, I am currently planning come sort of major global webinar-type author chat thingy in the near future. For those who missed the webinar, here are links to my slides and a recording of the presentation it self (requires a plug-in…).
- I am doing my first virtual conference in SecondLife on February 26. Made a cute little avatar and everything! For more info, you can click here. I’m embracing technology all the way!!!
- I figured out my passion….yep, I sure did! Now to figure out how I can rally that into a full-time job.
- I think the Bookanistas are just…well…FAB!!! The nine million emails (no I am not exaggerating) generated by that group never fail to make me smile.
- I exchange nightly emails with a couple of CPs in which we share our wc and last lines for the day – these emails keep me going and truly force me to write!
- I am closing in on the 30K mark with my current WiP. And yes, I still love it. No, I won’t abandon it. But DUDES!!!! It is gonna take me forever to revise. Yeah, it is sorta like word vomit at the moment ;).
- Finally, I want to THANK YOU all for bearing with me as I find my footing again. Between the loss of my mother, some craziness at the day job and trying to balance too many things, I have been a bit…well…angsty! After some rearranging of my schedule, some reality checks with CPs and friends, I am happy to report I’m good – balanced, focused and pretty excited about things. THANKS for sticking with me through this.
What were some great ah-ha s for YOU this week???