Now, on to this weeks fabulous reviews:
- Michelle Hodkin toasts DEMONGLASS
- Shannon Messenger spotlights the cover of SO SILVER BRIGHT
- Carolina Valdez Miller uncovers WORDS IN THE DUST
- Bethany Wiggins glows for RUBY RED
- Beth Revis finds amazing MAGIC UNDER GLASS
- Lisa and Laura Roecker host a sunny tour stop for POSSUM SUMMER
- Scott Tracey is inspired by ANGELFIRE
- Megan Miranda leaps and shouts for THE LIAR SOCIETY
- Gretchen McNeil gushes over BLOOD AND FLOWERS
- Shana Silver gets psyched about WITHER
- Jen Hayley raves about RAISED BY WOLVES
- Sarah Frances Hardy is nuts for THE NINTH WARD
- Rosemary Clement-Moore revisits HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
- Matt Blackstone is loving THE HATE LIST
- Corrine Jackson delights in DIVERGENT
- Stasia Ward Kehoe celebrates THE LIAR SOCIETY
Now, on to my Bookanista Shout out – A Special GUESTANISTA post by 10-year-old Erika and her take on THE LOST HERO by Rick Riordan
Release Date: Oct 12, 2010
Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.
Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.
To bring us her feelings about this fabu book, Erika answers a few questions:
Something Awesome about the book:
The seriously most awesome part of THE LOST HERO is every funny Leo Valdez statement in the book. Even my sister whose never read the book enjoyed the various “Leo statements” and had me write them down for her. He was the best character ever!
Well, there are really so many FABULOUS scenes it’s hard to pick one. But I really liked the one where Piper Mclean rescues her dad Tristan. In order to do so, she had to be courageous – and she really was. I love this scene because a girl rescuing her father ROCKS!!!
Character I would want to be:
If I could be any character in the LOST HERO, I would be Thalia. She is a hunter for Artemis and I think that would be cool. She is also great at giving evil looks to people, just like my sister, so she reminds me of her – another cool thing.
Questions I still want answered:
I really want to know what the Roman camp is named – something I hope to find out in future books.
As you can tell, I LOVED this book. I would recommend it to people who like humor, adventure and thrills. It’s really good for ages nine and up. Thanks!
Thank YOU Erika for taking the time between homework assignments to give us a “readers” review!
Erika will be joining us from time to time, along with members of my TEEN beta-reader group. I think having a fresh “readers” perspective on some of the great MG and YA books will be a blast.
What do you think? Wanna hear what some MG and YA – aged kids think of these books?
That’s it for me, but be sure to check out the other Bookanista fabulous reviews today.
OH! And I’m up on the Blood Red Pencil today, talking about my tips for coming back to writing when you’re ready to give up. Check it out and leave a comment. THANKS!