HAPPY THURSDAY everyone! I’m so excited to be talking about Carrie Ryan’s Dark and Hollow Places and giving away a signed copy. But before I get to that, here’s the list of fantastic reviews this week:
- Shelli Johannes-Wells gives us THE ROYAL TREATMENT
- Elana Johnson hosts a blog tour stop for 101 SUCCESS SECRETS FOR GIFTED KIDS with a giveaway
- Shannon Messenger adores THE DAY BEFORE plus a giveaway
- Carolina Valdez Miller is passionate about POSSESSION and gives away an ARC
- Beth Revis shares some SOLSTICE cover love
- Lisa and Laura Roecker and Stasia Ward Kehoe marvel over MOONGLASS
- Megan Miranda and Veronica Rossi delve into DIVERGENT
- Shana Silver shows her desire for DEMONGLASS
- Carrie Harris is PUTTING MAKEUP ON DEAD PEOPLE
- Sarah Frances Hardy wants to be just LIKE MANDARIN
Now, on to my Bookanista Shout out for Carrie Ryan’s DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES (and be sure to stick around for a fabu giveaway at the end)
Release Date: March 22, 2011
Basic Blurb: (from Amazon)
There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister’s face when she and Elias left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the horde as they found their way to the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.
Annah’s world stopped that day and she’s been waiting for him to come home ever since. Without him, her life doesn’t feel much different from that of the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Then she meets Catcher and everything feels alive again.
Except, Catcher has his own secrets — dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah’s longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it’s up to Annah — can she continue to live in a world drenched in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return’s destruction?
Why I liked it:
So, I think this is my fav of the series. Really. The writing is beautiful, the story – fabulous. And man…the romance. This is what amazes me so much with Carrie Ryan’s books (including this one) – how on earth does she suck me into a total zombie story and make me forget about everything except the amazing poignant romance. It is so masterful.
I’ll confess…she is one of the authors whose books I keep and reread over and over. Research, I call it. Carrie is master storyteller – something I strive to be. And DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES is every bit as wonderful as what I’ve come to expect from Carrie.
But don’t take my word for it…decide for yourself. Enter my comment contest and maybe you’ll even win a signed copy! That’s right, I’m giving away a signed HB of the book –
Entering is easy – Simply leave a comment, follow my blog in someway and you’re entered. Want additional entries (up to 5)? Just do the following:
- Tweet about the contest
- Blog about the contest
- Facebook about the contest
- “Like” my facebook author page
- Sign up for my newsletter
WOO HOO!!! I just love giving stuff away! Contest ends on Sunday, and I’ll be posting the winner on Monday.