OMGosh…I am SO happy it is Friday. Let’s get to my Friday Five, shall we…
- ONLY 5 WORKING DAYS until I start my Summer vacation. Can I tell you how freakin’ giddy excited I am??? I didn’t really have my summer last year as I spent it caring for my mom. While I really enjoyed the time with her, it was emotionally exhausting. Of course, that could also be because I did a major rewrite on two books and was knee-deep in the query trenches. This year, I have plans for writing retreats, writerly lunches and dinners and other fabulous things. Oh, and yes…I MUST finish polishing my current WiP.
- A fellow author and I were talking a few weeks ago about our goals. She knows I am planning on querying my YA Gothic Novel in the next few months. She asked about my Agent Wish List. DUDE! I have to tell you, my heart jumped into my throat. All of a sudden the reality of my jumping back into the query pond became very real…wanna talk PANIC! Holy smokes.
- I am BEYOND EXCITED about the movies coming out today and this summer – Pirates, Harry Potter, X-Men, Transformers, and SO.MUCH.MORE!!!
- I received this cool picture in a tweet yesterday – it is a picture of 4th grade students using MY BOOK (101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids) for a school project. How awesome is that??? The teacher (@teachagiftedkid on twitter) used the book with the students, having them brainstorm ideas for many of the success secrets and making a comic strip of these ideas. IS THAT COOL OR WHAT???
- I wrote a guest post for Stasia Kehoe Ward’s A Year of Auditions blog and…um…shared old pictures. Yep, the shame will hit next Friday. (What was I thinking?)
How was your week? Any great randomness to share?