- Myra McEntire invites POSSESSION author Elana Johnson into the Fort
- Shannon Messenger croons over UNCOMMON CRIMINALS with a giveaway
- Elana Johnson invites us to her Virtual Launch Party for POSSESSION with TONS of giveaways!
- Shana Silver gushes about BLOODLINES with an arc giveaway
- Rosemary Clement-Moore joins me in devouring BAD TASTE IN BOYS
- Stasia Ward Kehoe is stunned by GIRL, STOLEN
- Beth Revis interviews HOURGLASS author Myra McEntire with a giveaway
- Jen Hayley is mesmerized by IMAGINARY GIRLS
Now, on to my Bookanista Shout out for Carrie Harris’ BAD TASTE IN BOYS. Carrie is one COOL person! Seriously. I mean, anyone who “jumps off of trains” just to say Congrats to a fellow writer is well…awesome.
And so is her debut, BAD TASTE IN BOYS.
Pub Date: July 12, 2011
Someone’s been a very bad zombie.
Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe–not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate! She’s got to find an antidote–before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town . . . and stay hormonally human.
Why I liked it: There are just so many things I loved. What drew me in were the tagline and the cover. I mean really, I would KILL to have that perfect of a tagline (“Someone’s been a very bad zombie”) and that amazing of a cover!
But taglines and covers alone, do not make a book. Enter Carrie’s writing style. If you read her blog, you know she has this amazing personality with a clever wit. Let me tell you, that awesome humorous style managed to leak onto every page of Bad Taste In Boys. This really is not your typical zombie story (good thing, since I am not a zombie story lover with the notable exception of Carrie Ryan’s books). It is witty in a way I loved – and in a way I certainly CAN NOT do. The characters were full, the storyline fresh, and need I say it again – look at that cover and tagline.
This needs to be a definite addition to your TBR list – even if you aren’t into zombie stories. Trust me, this one is not to be missed.
What are you reading right now? Do you like it????